RE: But by age eighty and above, you, me, and everyone, will have changed about as much as we felt was interesting and we will then only want to wait out our remaining time on this Earth in a pleasant and familiar setting.
-------------------------------------------------------
Good god, i hope not!

i want to be interesting, and learning new things, and changing right up to the day i die.

my daughter tells me i am too old to wear my hair long, and i should get it cut. well, i am not too old for long hair, nor am i too old to do anything.

i just bought a new stereo set. it plays CD (i have several hundred) and it plays MP3 files.
to date i have 0 MP3 files. but i already have cute little jump drive, (and i let my daughter share some of her music files with me, via the jump drive) and my computer can burn cd filled with mp3 files, and i suspect in a short while, i'll have several hundred mp3 files to go along with my CD.

i don't have all the latest technology (alas, i can't afford it!) but i am not going to be a source of antiques when i die (well that not quite true, i have a collection of antiques, from relatives who got locked into an age,and stopped changing!)
me, i plan to rip all my cd's, change them into mp3 files, and eventually, i will have a stereo that plays MP3 files and X (what ever the next new technology is)