Quite some many years ago I had a supervisor who was shall we say not the nicest person in the world. When bloviating, Bill would use his fingers for quote signs, driving pretty much everyone crazy. He would have had a field day with that sentence. Our worst experience with him, though, was at our traditional Christmas luncheon at a nice restaurant in the Cherry Creek part of Denver.

Bill was there half an hour before the rest of us and was quite in his cups (and he got mean when he drank.) There were eight of us, and when we all got comfortably settled in Bill ordered a bottle of wine, which the waiter brought and poured around for everyone at the table.

Bill stood up, grabbed the waiter by the shirt, pushed him against the wall, and said, "Listen, m---- f----, that bottle of wine was for me. Now bring another bottle and put that other one on their tabs."

I got up and walked out, followed by everyone else. Why the waiter did not file charges against him I will never know. And on Monday all of us put in for transfers out.

TEd