Well, if it was the Board software that did it - and I suppose it might have been - I'll certainly apologise unconditionally to Aramis for calling him a thief. The original kiwi picture was one I picked up on the web anyway and is more or less in the public domain, which is why I just moved on and built my own avatar after my original post on the subject.

However, TEd's lucid post still doesn't explain how, for twelve hours or so after I put up my new avatar, Aramis was still showing the original kiwi picture. Then his user name (however it happened) was linked to my new one. If it had happened immediately I might have smelled a software rat. As it was, though, what else was I to think?

I've just looked through the avatar collection and I agree that the kiwi isn't there, but I didn't delete it. I can't. I don't have the privileges to do so. Perhaps Jackie did it by accident. And I know that simply linking to a new avatar doesn't delete the old one, because I linked to the Easter Island statue for a day or so once, and it's still there.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...