OK! Zmjezhd has found what happened, but I'd like to offer my services as a professional tech writer to explain for everyone to understand. When Capital Kiwi entered his first avatar, a picture of a kiwi in black and white, that image entered a data base with an association to his member number here. I just went and looked and that number is 1622. When Aramis11 saw it in the stock list he liked it so he used it.

Then, when Capital Kiwi changed to the one he currently uses, his upload deleted the first kiwi picture and changed it to the current picture (the one with almost irrefutable evidence of NZers' complete ineptitude with guns). Sorry, Cap, I had to throw that in. Here in NC when we shoot a sign we get body hits every time; after all the sign ain't movin'. And that automatically changed Aramis's avatar, so to the casual observer it looked as though he had stolen it.

I don't think that's what happened. I think it was a comedy of errors. If you go above to almost any of the avatars and right click on the picture you will see a properties pulldown. Capital Kiwi's now refers to his picture on another web site, so it does not show up in the stock pictures. But I am willing to bet a nickel that at the time this controversy started the new avatar was on the stock avatar listing here.

I agree there is an apology due. The apology appears to be due to Aramis11, not the other way around.

I have said this before and I will say it again. When there is something that you don't like, something that upsets you, something that pisses you off, TAKE IT PRIVATE!!!

There have been a whole bunch of hurt feelings here that could have been avoided by taking it private. I repeat. TAKE IT PRIVATE!!!

TEd