Dale, I'm not retired and I enjoy television too.

I've got a very high-pressure job and watching a well-written sit-com is a great way to unwind. I love laughing. It clears your head and makes the blood flow so you feel invigorated.

I love watching documentaries, or science shows. I love watching pure entertainment shows, like Boston Legal or Grey's Anatomy.

I just saw a whole series on the evolution of the Italian mafia that was extremely interesting.

I realize it is a common thing to slam television - or to slam anything that isn't educational or high-brow, but I really don't see what's wrong with the medium.

In comedies, why is the work of actors on the stage considered valuable, and not the work of actors in front of a camera? The same with a movie, why is a dramatic play acceptable, and a dramatic movie considered tripe because it isn't live.

I think it is all a matter of balance. If your whole life is spent in front of the T.V. it is unbalance. If your life is balanced, what is the problem?

I read tremendously; I've always got a few books and magazines going at once because I read what I'm in the mood for at that time. It's the same with television. I look at a whole variety of things, depending upon my mood.

I really believe that television is getting a bum rap and that it has become a type of self-righteous snobishness to frown upon those who watch television.