Why is it so hard-to-understand and dense?
I mean, you can read one or two sentences and really think about it just to "get it." And then have a kind-of epiphany like "Wow, that makes SO much sense, I never thought of it that way." And that's just a few sentences.
Also, a short concurrence of words can have so much (uncited) history, reference, and knowledge behind it. It's like you have to be part of some kind of secret society to really get what they're talking about.

I like the ideas, I just which I could understand some if it. (Although A LOT of it seems like common-sense fodder for me. e.g. "It is crucial to recognize that a medium not only frames or colours the 'message', but, when a 'message' is transferred from one medium to another, it is thereby fundamentally transformed." To which I have to say "duh." That was probably one of the only sentences I understood.)
Do people in the "intelligentsia" really think that fast?

Sorry for that. I just needed to vent.
I don't know if anyone even understands what I'm talking about.

I am trying to read this article which is supposed to be about electronic German band Kraftwerk. But it spend like three pages talkinag about "the voice" and all of this weird stuff.
I say it's postmodern because it makes a few references to Derrida and Zizek which are postmodern philosophers.

Well, when it finally talks about Kraftwerk it talks about some kind of political thing that was going on in Germany and something about irony and being subtle and subversive. I don't really get it. But it makes all of these references to what other people said about something or other (like every three sentences). I'm guessing this is what decosntruction is. Where I think you're supposed to take a topic and try to explain it away and what that topic is a product of, what was the stuff that was going on around it and inside of it that caused it to be what it is. I think that's what deconstruction is.

But I don't really know anything, so don't quote me on that.

Last edited by mechanesthesia; 04/09/06 09:50 AM.

[insert signature here]