Hello,
I came across this post from 2003. Wouldn't "water" be the appropriate verb? I suppose it does not work very well for other liquids, though.
Quote:

Subject: There's no word for it?

My daughter (a student at Stanford) recently raised a question regarding the English language that her colleagues and professors couldn't answer, and it has me stumped as well: When you give someone something to eat, you feed them. When you give someone something to drink you ___ them. What is the appropriate word?

Quote:

Many other languages have words to differentiate the two, e.g. the Hindi "khilana" (to give something to eat), and "pilana" (to give something to drink). In English, "feed" serves both purposes, as in, "feeding milk to a child". But if you really want a separate term, the closest might be "libate" (to pour out wine in honor of a god). Perhaps you can try extending its meaning and use it generically. -Anu

p.s. It's peculiar how this system removes the 2 proper spaces after a period and indentation and yet adds all that extraneous whitespace around the quotes.