ok, i sometimes get things mixed up, but isn't a prefix a group of letters that have a specific meaning, (but aren't really words on there own,but are rather a catagory of sub words,) that are used, annexed to a word, to modify its meaning? (and suffix almost the same?)

groups like re which can be again, (reoccured) or be an intensivier, (like marked and remarked) or dis which means (or can mean) not or the negative (disaster=not in the stars--a astrologers answer to why thing didn't turn out as rosy as his horoscope said they would) or disagree, (to not agree)

sometimes suffixes are words (or have become words) but usually they too are just a 'sub word'--ette to mean small, or diminutive, you can have a kitchen table (seats 6) or a kitchenette-(a bar like counter area that 2 can uncomfortably eat at)

prefixes and suffixes, (pre, re, de, dis, or ette, or, ish, or others) aren't really words, (adjectives or adverbs) but groups of letters (sub-words) that can be added on to a word to modify the meaning, by intensiving, negating, changing the sence of size, or strenght, or so on..

god knows i am not the person to lead a discussion on these finer parts of speak. i know them, and know how to use them, but...