Pre-story note ""stable monarchy" was Ab-Fab! All great fun says Stranger-in- Limbo -- Now the story ( I haven't counted words, the rule appears to be relaxed) continues ......

and the Princess, half-closing her eyes and looking coyly at Gunther, said to Monty, "Mr. Python, if you will excuse us,please, Gunther and I are tired of parlaying in the parlor and now we wish to retire to make a Prince of Wales." "Better come with me, barby-princess," said Monty,"and we'll make one whale of a prince." "Excuse me,Monty",said the wretched Gretschen, nearly retching at the sight of him, "but I am not, shall I say, familiar, with either the primary or the secondary sexual characteristics of dragons. Are you of the male gender or of the female persuasion?" "Genderly speaking, I could persuade you that I am NOT a dragon in drag. My tail may be dragon(as all of me is)and this tale may be dragging, but one thing ain't dragging as sure as my name is M. Python" Whereupon, the observant Gretschen, as a look of wide-blue-eyed astonishment caused her pupils, (inter alia) to dilate to the rims of her smiling Irish* irises, replied in a surprisingly husky voice to Monty " ......

*Welsh/Neo-Celtic