i think we did do a 'census' of what/how many dictionaries we owned.. (but not which was favorite, or most commonly used.)

OED is well the gold standard.. i wish i owned one.

(in my divorce, i got every dictionary EXCEPT the OED-He got that) that left me with over a dozen, plus other word books (like Peter Bowler's The Superior Person's Book of Words--(and his second book of words), and Bill Bryson's the Mother Tongueamd Made in America or Steven Pinker's The Language Instinctor Words and Rules--some of those i bought, some came to me. i think the most valuable dictionary i own is Partridge's dictionary of the vulgar and slang.(still packed away)i have a number of specialized dictionaries:
one for foriegen terms, one for problem words and expressions, one for sceintific terms, one for printing and graphic arts terms. (and others)

I love my Chambers, and generally use it, or Websters New World, and for back up i do have the Oxford Univeral Dictionary. (which is just too dam big to be everyday useful, and too small to be complete--really quite useless!)

before i moved, (some 3 years ago!) i used to have a small desk top spelling dictionary. one day i will find it. in the meanwhile.. i happily believe that is a dull mind that can only think of one way to spell any given word...

and yes, there are service's like onelook, but most of here still like a proper dictionary.
(in my previous residence, i had built in bookshelves in every room (all 7) plus more in the basement! i have slowely been building/buying bookshelves and unpacking. but i have a ways to go. (about 50% of my books now have a proper home on a shelf!)