I've conflated bits of some reading I did recently into a scratch definition for coiste bodhar.

Can any Hibernian tell me if these details -- including the pronunciation (taken from two different articles on Irish pronunciation) -- are correct?

Thanks.

P.S.

A failure to reply to this post makes it my last and you a bunch of unimaginative namby-pambies (as I have already explained, Kim was a work of Kaufmanesque comedic art, created for your amusement).

Quote:

Coiste Bodhar noun

Pronunci.  CUSH-cheh BOU-uhr

also known as the coach-a-bower or death coach: a medieval superstition common in various parts of Ireland, England and Whales that to see a driverless coach at night was a sign of impending death. On its death errand the Coiste Bodhar—sometimes said to accompany the banshee—is drawn by six black horses, and before it all gates fly open, however securely they are locked. In some version the coach is driven by a headless coachman known as a dullahan, in others the horses themselves are headless. It is also said the Coiste Bodhar leaves a trail of burning hedges, and that a pail of blood is thrown in the face of anyone intrepid enough to open the coach door.

ORIGIN coach-a-bower from Irish coiste ‘coach’ and bodhar ‘deaf’ or ‘silent’ but also ‘to deafen’.