Ulysses is famous. That is the point. It is a quotation of that famous burlesque of maudlin and ridiculous civility, such as I intended to imply was being expected of me here.

As I said in a private message recently, what this place lacks is attitude. It's like a knitting circle for a bunch of old cross-word biddies.

But consuelo -- in her impatience to try and expose me as a plagiarist, perhaps in an effort to rid the board of someone who threatens her intelligence -- sees fit to quote the passage at length, having googled a few keywords, and utterly kill the joke.

So anyway, like, yah, consuelo, cos' you are on the subject, how do you think the, like, symbolisation of the figure of Polyphemeus of ancient Greece in the Fenian Citizen of fin-de-siècle Dublin bears on the metempsychotic Ulysses in the particular episode you have pasted there?

Listen. The episode you have raised for discussion is The Cyclops. It's not part one. It's from part two. There can be no "Chapter 12, Part One" because part one consist of only three chapters.

This all frustrates me, but then I look at your photo. A beautiful woman will be forgiven for stupidity.

You will not.

Last edited by Homo Loquens; 01/29/06 09:49 PM.