First, I said: "Not to worry, Marianna. Perhaps we are psychically linked in some obscure metaphysical way."

Then, Faldo asked, rhetorically: "And how else could you be psychically linked?"

Next, TEd, responded: "This may NOT be a redundancy; after all, one can be psychically linked in the regular metaphysical way as well as the obscure way."

About which, Faldo inquired: "Are you saying that the regular metaphysical way isn't obscure?"

To which, TEd repled: "ask the author! He's available. I trust that he put in obscure because there was a requirement for differentiation between the obscure and the not-obscure (MUST be a word for that!)

And, finally, now that last night's party is over and the furniture put back where it belongs and all the dishes washed and put away, "the author" clarifies: "For one in the metaphysical trade, things metaphysical are neither extraordinary nor obscure. The Church is, after all, in the metaphysical business, as opposed, say, to Ford Motor Company or Dunkin' Donuts. TEd's hypothetication of a 'regular metaphysical way'; is precisely what I sought to distinguish by imagining that Marianna and I are linked in some way that is not common, normal, regular and widely understood within metaphysical circles, hence, obscure."

Pretty serious stuff for the morning after a party, eh?