This has nothing to do with language, but since I'm not the first to bring up a thread that has to do with other aspects of modern-day life, I feel OK to indulge in a little rant here:

How many of you have received 'The Dalai Lama's 19 maxims for a good life in the new millennium'? (or titles to that effect...) I have gotten 6 of these E-mails in as many days. I'd received this once before, maybe a year ago, and thought it was pretty good. But now I'm getting them as part of group mails from people I don't even know , I guess because some have been couched as threatening chain-letters (don't think his holiness would be pleased.)

I guess what bothers me the most about this is that so many folks have not learned to use the blind c/c option when sending group mails, so my E-mail address is apparent to everyone else on the list (and vice-versa).

I'd like to find an E-mail "netiquette" site I could just zap to thse people - especially the ones who send those stupid urban legends and virus warnings without researching their validity first (I do have a site for that: http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blhoax.htm?pid=2733&cob=home)

Thank you for your indulgence. End of rant.