dale, I'll answer this here, rather than in any of the other similar threads you've posted about the forums.

Anu spends almost no time here at all, and certainly not on a regular basis. he set up the forums, using commercial forumware, and then has basically left it to run on the energy of the posters, a group of about forty or fifty that post here regularly (some of us many times a day!). though Jackie is a Moderator, she wears that mantle very reluctantly, and uses her power very sparingly. (and I think wisely) there have been times of conflict, some great, some small, as in any community, but they have been weathered, and some have left, and some stayed, and new people come and go.
if there was a Moderator who cared to, yes, the forum categories and headings could be re-arranged, and culled, and combined, and posts deleted, and posters banned, and on and on. but that's not the way of it here. as far as I know, only two posters have been banned over the life of this board, and though some are brilliant, and others irritating, and others enjoying word play, and still others etymology, and others who knows, something as obscure as punnery, the board goes on, and we have come to feel very comfortable here, and to deal with all of the paradoxes, and rough edges, and torn fabric of a favorite chair.
so now I'm getting poetic, so I'll stop, but settle in and enjoy this place for whatever it is, messy floors and all...

formerly known as etaoin...