I'm laughing so hard at the intro that I'm going to have to compose myself before forging on. Thanks, Jackie!

Welcome to Two Chaps Talking - notes on life, love, drink, debauchery, fisticuffs and fine tailoring - a bastion of all that is correct in a world where so much is not.

Separated by an ocean but joined in spirit The Gentlemen have been corresponding fortnightly and forthrightly on all the important topics of the day since the last century.

Originally recorded on laid vellum using fine fountain pens and Indian ink, the Two Chaps' correspondence can now be viewed in full through the splendidly modern medium of the interweb thingy. Searchers after truth will also find here the Gentleman's English Dictionary and Usage, an essential resource for those who haven't yet mastered the King's, the Queen's or indeed The Chaps' English.

Special Announcement

Some of our members have been kind enough to be generous in their praise of Mr T's writings on matters culinary. The attention has gone entirely to his head and, emboldened by wines, he has rashly embarked on an individual enterprise.

Mr T's culinary jottings can now be found at his site Fire & Knives where he fondly hopes you will support him as generously as you have here at Two Chaps Talking.

Please rest assured that both Chaps will continue to work up this mighty organ for your pleasure, at fortnightly intervals, for an uncomfortably long time in to the future.