do not have the luxury of shirking vulgarity. Surely the same should apply to the discussion of words? Well-- I guess I'll reiterate something I said long ago: that in any situation, virtually everyone adjusts their speech according to what audience they have at the time. For ex., one would not ask a class of 6-yr.-olds to spell, say, antithesis; nor give a university math class 2 + 2 as a problem; hopefully, one would not bring up intimate personal problems in the office lunchroom, nor disrupt a worship service by arguing loudly with what the leader says.

There are times when it is appropriate to give hard spelling words and simple math problems, discuss one's personal life, and to voice arguments. But not all the time. It is good manners to refrain from saying and doing things that are inappropriate and/or offensive, and some people here find vulgarity offensive. I do, at times, and here is one of those times; for all I know, some of the new people are youngsters--we've had posting members who were young teens at the time, and I believe one was ten years old. And I have no way of knowing how many may be just reading. I would ask that we not give them a spate of vulgarity, nor do I especially want to come here and read it. I can go to lots of other web sites and find all the vulgarity I want. Let's please try to save the trash-talk for those whom we know won't be offended.

Just because we are capable of going out on a crowded street and braying like a donkey doesn't mean that we should; no more than just because word discussion can include vulgarity, doesn't necessarily mean it should, here. And I would like to ask that it not. Please.