while most of the current poster are adults, as a 'general rule' (since, there are no real rules) we enjoy wit.. and a cleverly turned phrase. one that has us laughing before we blush, and one that we feel comfortable seeing in print.

there is a forum for AWAD in schools, and some teacher use this site, and some very G rated publication encourage their readers to join AWAD--and well we are generally not interested in bawdy talk (yeah, it happens, but like i said, we enjoy more wit than tit(tlating) talk.

fitch bite, and the tool kit.. well --if these are the "Prime" examples -- they are just not witty enough.. they come across as attempts to be rude. (well they do to me.. )

yes, the reverand spooner made so extremely embarassing remarks--(perhaps he secretly harbored pruient interests.)
we general don't. we are mostly grown ups, and know a vulgar and scatalogical and profane words.. and elect, in general not to use them. that is.

we chose, in general to keep the level of conversation one that is above that level.

but we are human, and yes, we occational will have a bit of word play that is vulgar or low brow. we just don't aim to do that.
(by the way, the imperial we? well-- it's a style.. really i am speaking for myself--and the opinions expressed in this post are mine, all mine..
(it is my opinion that others here behave the way i described when i used the word we--but i certainly don't speak for anyone but myself!)