Why is cool/kool not a good example? I was trying to think of something simple to demonstrate my point that transposing letters doesn't always give an output which is spelt correctly, even if it it is phoenetically valid.

I don't have any objection to "cool tits" personally, fabelbish. But, despite what snoot suggests, I am not "the arbiter" of taste around here, and one cannot even satirize Paris Hilton here without being taken as a fan of Paris Hilton and, therefore, a person of prurient interests.

Actually, I don't have anything against Paris Hilton personally. She is a creature of her times and it is her fans whom I satirized in "Confessions of an Heirhead", not Paris herself.

Paris is certainly a brassy, opportunistic vamp, but what can you say of the parents who name their daughters after her?*

As for snoot, well, snoot proclaims that she is "The Lone Haranguer". Snoot has averaged about one post per month over the past 3 1/2 years but snoot seems to have picked up the pace recently.

Paris Hilton: She can't milk a cow, but boy can she milk America.

The name Paris is No. 156 on the list of most popular baby names, up from No. 508 in 2001, according to the Social Security Administration.

Assembling celebrity Paris Hilton taps her talent for manufacturing fame
Jaimee Rose
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 18, 2005 12:00 AM