I noticed a few that were not on your list.

bloomers is what my Grandmother wore instead of underwear. My dad wears (says) bloomers also, but only if he's trying to embarrass one of the kids in front of our friends.

boxers are underwear for men and pajamas for women.

a poncho is a big square cloth with a hole in the middle for your head. my mom is the only person I know who LOVES ponchos.

you mentioned flannels. are they pajamas? I have flannel pajamas. I also have a type of shirt made of flannel that I simply refer to as a flannel.

is a hadnkerchief the same a s a kerchief? Seems as if I remember hearing kerchief in old movies. I was never sure exactly what they meant. my dictionary says a kerchief is a head covering, but also says it is a syn. for handkerchief. my dad used to carry a handkerchief for blowing his nose. (maybe he had sinus problems? i don't think he does now.) I think ladies might carry a handkerchief if they were expecting to be crying, so that they have something to dry their eyes.

a petticoat and a slip are similar items. the slip is worn under a dress or skirt to keep it from clinging to your legs. a petticoat is fuller to make the dress stand out more. When i was younger i square danced and clogged. we wore petticoats under our dresses. we also wore pettipants which were ruffled undergarments somewhere between shorts and underpants which are meant to be seen when you twirl around and your skirt flies out.

>>>every one will know and agree on this- and then thought again, and realize some of these things might not be known to jazz or nemo or xara<<<

quite right. there are many of your words which I haven't the foggiest idea what they might mean.