Johnnie Godwin here with thanks for the welcomes various ones of you gave me. Also, thanks for voting for "gee" and "haw." If you study longer and stronger on just "gee," you probably will find the idea of getting along together in the dictionaries: i.e. "geeing" together. It is never "hawing" together. As someone pointeds out, they never heard "haw and gee." I still tend to think the "geehaw" may have evolved much as zigzag or something of that sort. One of the interesting things to me is that I checked out umpteen references to the 10th power deep on research; and folks from old-timers to the youngest references mentions "geehaw" as in (1) "My digital camera doesn't geehaw with my Dell." (2) "Federal computers don't geehaw with [others?]. (3) Other references that showed by context they were using "geehaw" to refer to getting along with each other. So I'm not contesting the WAG of "gee" and "haw," but I do have solid OED and other references for "gee" as agreement or getting along together. Though the word "geehaw" obviously isn't common in print, I would encourage posters here to check it out with friends in the context I'm talking about. And when I revise my new book (SYZYGY~LIVING A POWERFULLY ALIGNED LIFE--out last week, Chalice Press--no press here:), I'll probably use "geehaw" and "jibe" too as examples of being in SYZYGY with folks.
A serious but lighthearted thanks to all of you who have posted so far. Appreciatively, Johnnie G in TN

Johnnie Godwin

Johnnie Godwin