From the wise old woman: The only autodial I have now is 911

.........There was a joke on an old (last century sometime) TV show. The new office assistant had programmed the phone system so that you could get 911 by speed-dial using *37

and:The album vs. Compact Disc

.........I did not intend my comment on albums to indicate any reference to CDs. It was in reference to single LPs being referred to as albums. The original albums from the days of 78rpm were needed if you wanted to put more than about 6 minutes on a single sales unit. Anyone who listened to any classical music was familiar with multiple recording albums. When the same amount of music became available on one disc that single unit was still referred to as an album. On this note I have noticed some tendency on the part of some people to start to refer to a CD as a record and then apologize and say, "I mean CD." This despite the fact that the word record carries with it no explicit reference to the medium. Folks generally explicitly say LP or vinyl when referring to a 33-1/3 rpm recording. Record was never, as far as I know, used to refer to tapes.