> BTW I am reverting to my peaceable persona Plutarch in the sincere hope that neither Carpathian, nor any other nom de guerre, need return to answer any improvident bellicosities.

Plutarch, if your new persona had simply apppeared and got on with normal postings no-one would have raised an eyebrow - it's only the constant harping on the same tired old stuff about how unfair and out of step the whole rest of the world is (and chatter about irrelevant stuff like Paris Hilton) that makes it so demonstrably tedious for many others. For my part - and I have never tried to speak for anyone else - I am perfectly happy to refrain from any combat - all I have ever been interested here is discourse with more-or-less like minded people with diverse backgrounds and intellectual perspectives. But the quid pro quo is that you also refrain from your passive-aggressive postings about the nature of this forum. It is what it is, made so collectively by the people who post here, and nothing will alter that, whatever one individual wishes or tries to enforce.