There were lots of cues in the whole recipe for Mughlai Murg Dum Biryani that it was written elsewhere in the world, closer to where this wonderful food originates.

~ The recipe consistently refers to pots as "vessels."
~ About what to do with the chicken (that's the "murg") marinating in yoghurt, it says: "Keep aside for an hour at least."
~ One direction says: "Cover and cook on a low a level for about 15 minute(s) or till the chicken is almost done."
~ The recipe refers to "cashewnuts" as a single word.
~ The recipe spells yogurt "yoghurt".

The small and subtle differences in the flavour of the language usage of those who post recipes to the web in English are almost as delicious as the dishes which one can produce from the directions.

I remember well when Miia, responding to my discovery of Parlsocker, so kindly sent me the recipe for Saint Lucy's Buns ... and I had to "translate" them from litres, grams and degrees Celsius into more familiar units of measure. Knowing my mental deficiencies, she even sent me the URL "to a quite good converter" to help with the measurements.

Thank you for your thoughts, Max. They are always as welcome as they are informative and interesting.

Allah hafiz ~

Father Steve