Nope; quality has nothing to do with it; it's the fact of their being here.

Well, thank you, Jackie. I'm glad to know that your ban was based on some principle which you think justifies an abridgement of free speech.

May I know what that principle is, Jackie?

We can all agree that "hate" language should be banned in Q & A and everywhere, other than the "hate" language which ASp and Of Troy use against me whenever it suits them*.

But, on what principle do you justify a ban on harmless limericks in Q & A, specifically, limericks which provide relevant and useful information in response to a question or an invitation for discussion?

Saying such limericks do not belong here, Jackie, is not a reason -- unless you are now the official, fully authorized Board moderator around here.

If Anu has invested you with such powers, Jackie, then you don't need reasons.

So, please tell me -- as well as anyone else who doesn't know what your official powers are in the wake of the petition I've heard about -- do you have these official arbitrary powers, or not?

That is certainly a fair question, is it not?

* Surely, it has escaped no-one's notice, Jackie, that you never hesitate to raise your eyebrow at my peccadillos, if they are even that, whilst turning a blind eye, over and over and over again, to the bellicosities of ASp and Of Troy, bellicosities which throw this Board into senseless turmoil over and over and over again, just as they are doing once again now [with your disapproving eyebrow once again arched at me, not at them].