I can't agree with the examples given above for abydocomistry(?), as I understand it. these would rather seem to be examples of practicing NOT what you preach.

the only definition I had found prior to seeing the one buried in the Wikistub was this: "One who boast of his conning ability". this is so poorly constructed, and not borne out by my usual sources, that I posed the question here. I would recast that definition, in light of the Wikistub, as "one who boasts of his ability to deceive (con)." I don't see any "greater good" coming from this; nor do I see any boasting of deceit in those citations.

then we have Faldage's root discovery, which leads one to believe that an abydocomist is akin to a sycophant. this would appear to have little relation to anything else proposed here.

ah, but there is something in the etymology of sycophant which is telling.

per the OED: The origin of the Gr. word, lit. = ‘fig-shower’, has not been satisfactorily accounted for. The explanation, long current, that it orig. meant an informer against the unlawful exportation of figs cannot be substantiated. It is possible that the term referred orig. to the gesture of ‘making a fig’ or had an obscene implication
1. Gr. Hist. One of a class of informers in ancient Athens: see quots. and etymology above.
2. transf. and fig. An informer, tale-bearer, malicious accuser; a calumniator, traducer, slanderer. Obs.
3. A mean, servile, cringing, or abject flatterer; a parasite, toady, lickspittle.

4. Vaguely used for: Impostor, deceiver. Obs.
1606 CHAPMAN Gentl. Usher v. I 4b, Presumptuous Sicophant, I will have thy life. 1651 WITTIE tr. Primrose's Pop. Err. 163 The good man Daniel Sennertus,..being deceived by a Germane sycophant. 1653 GATAKER Vind. Annot. Jer. 13 It is not any spurious or seditious doctrine in their Teachers, by this foul-mouthed Sycophant, so falsely fathered upon Calvin. 1728 CHAMBERS Cycl., Sycophant,..the term became used..at last, for a Lyer, Imposter, &c.

5. Comb., as sycophant-like adj.

so here we have a connection to "deceiver"; and lo, "I know this sycophant who boasts of his deeds -- how shall I refer to him?

the Wiki Falstaff quote is a good one; let's see if we can come up with some others, for my Wiktionary entry. : )