I've been lurking for a long time now. Actually quit even that some months ago when the vituperation started (and Please Don't Ask me to explain/pinpoint that time!).

I got very tired of the (to me) incomprehensible posts by some, and the angry tone and "flaming" of same and others. I never was very active here anyway, so I don't imagine that my two cents is of great influence. I missed this site, but I have enough on my plate that emotionally-charged, internal fighting on boards just is not worth any time for me. I want this place to be a source of enlightenment, education, intelligent communing about words (and even food is OK with me!) and fun. Lighthearted, ya know? There is enough anger, violence and bad news out here.

So my vote is for the moderator to be able to effect some change when things get out of hand. It's too bad that we seem to need some "stinkin' roolz" here, and I admit that while I know people will misbehave in all walks of life, I don't understand why, or how they think they can get away with it. The fact that some DO get away with it dismays me no end - I'm always the first to get caught doing wrong, it seems (so maybe I'm a little jealous?).

I'll keep checking in to read, and hope that the tone gets easier to take.

What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy? -Ursula K. Le Guin, author (1929- )