Oh Jackie, don't be afraid of the big apple-- I'll let you stay at my place-- then after a day of excitement, you can retreat to a place where the crickets will sing you to sleep-- but if i invite you, well, i'll everyone-- we'll follow up our fancy dinner with a cookout under the stars-- I'll put the boom box in the gazebo, and light all the candles and lanterns-- What do you say-- do we go with a keg and have the beer on tap? but are then limited to one kind or make it a BYOBeer party-- and have a selection?

I've got a queen size futon on a frame in basement-- and another futon with out a frame-- and then there is the queen sizes sofa bed in the living room, and a double bed in the guest bedroom-- and if pushed, a single loft bed! (You can all sort out sleeping arrangements-- but the hostest gets her own room and her own bed-- she becomes cranky and irritable with out a good nights sleep!) but anyone can bring a tent, or sleeping bag, and pitch a tent in the yard-- or sleep in the gazebo (but with a concrete floor, the ground is most likely softer...) This presumes that after the party it will be late to get back to anywhere--and everywhere in NY is so expensive! (hotel rooms off season run $250 to $300 + 17% tax!-- there are some small hotels cheaper--only $125 to $150 -- but who would think to put onlynext to $150?)

Not that I'de mind if we did it in Kentucky-- It a beauful state i here tell, and Faldage is in NY, we could meet up somewhere and split the driving-- maybe even have WOW come down from Maine and have the three of us in one car -- more drivers..
You'll do a cook out? and we can have some potluck? We'll all bring the food and refreshments-- and you provide the Derby pie? and yes, do tell is it like chess pie? or something else?