Ooh! Ooh! [waving hand wildly e] the curious incident of the dog in the night Good book! And, phi: "The DaVinci Code"! And, i read a bit so as to be able to understand him, and his facination We (human beings) do do a lot for our kids, don't we? That is why I learned (and watched) all the Sesame Street characters when my kids were little, and why I listened to rock radio stations when they became teenagers.
I'm glad you were able to share your son's interest in math; I have not been able to make myself get "into" every interest of my kids': namely my daughter's inexplicable interest in politics [Y-A-W-N] and my son's knowledge of various calibers (all I need to know is that it's a gun and it shoots; I figure whoever gets me set up will put the right size in.)
it was fun imagining a knit moebius, mentally unraveling it, and figuting out how to start with out a cast on edge. Now, I think that is just the coolest thing! [applause] But...when you go to put it on, how do you know where to start?