why A levels and further maths?-- i have been reading the curious incident of the dog in the night--and have thinking how funny maths sounds.

i understand the term, (and its a rather general term) and i couldn't think of any american english term that was general (for describing both HS or college math) and i expected most who read here to understand it.
i suppose i could have said, trig, calculus, and AP math, or some other sets of terms, but A levels work..

Oh, 1.61.. not 1.63.. well not bad, not bad.. and i totally forgot the reciprical until you posted.. (well it was late at night)

i do read math for fun.. but i am not good enough (at most math) to learn it well without applying disipline and work, and well i read it for FUN. so i have some understanding (unlike pi--which i know, and understand in my heart of hearts, because i was made to do the work, and in working through, i really learned it.)

(i know moebius strips and klien bottles well.. i am much better at mental manouvering 3 d object, --and as fun task, i knit my self a moebius strip scarf. it has one edge (the cast off edge, one side, and was knit in one piece (not knit as a flat strip of knitting, then sewn together)

it was fun imagining a knit moebius, mentally unraveling it, and figuting out how to start with out a cast on edge.

(and then i did it.) PM if you want links to the photos.

i know a bit about golden numbers and golden ratios, because they particularly facinate my son, and he used to talk about them all the time, (and i read a bit so as to be able to understand him, and his facination.)