the golden ratio is usually expressed differently (now my lack of Alevel maths (not to mention further maths) is showing.. but has a greek letter as i recall (like pi=3.1317) and isn't usually expressed as a number? (1.2somthing?or is it 1.637?) -its late, i am old,and i have only read this sort of math for fun, never seriously studied it--so i don't really know it, its just something i dimly remember reading about..

the numbers,(1,1,2,3,5,8,13...) are (lord forgive, for misspelling peoples names) a fibbonocci sequence. --and they values of the sequence can be us used to express golden ratios..
(ie, 3x5 index cards, or 8x (more often 12 rather than the properly sequenced 13) are some common examples of the ratios in every day life.

and there are other ratios--St John Cathedral, (here in NY) had an exhibit on maths, and how humans relate (subconsciously almost) to certain ratios.. and they spoke of the the sacred ratio, (1X2X3 (so a part of the cathedral was 10 wide, 20 long, by 30 high-- (actually, all the different parts of the cathedreal had sacred ratios.. expresed in different ways.. )

it very true though, rooms that are 1:2:3 in ratio, do feel like churches.. (the cloisters, (part of MET) has a romanesque chapel, and it is small, just about 10X20X30, and everyone acts like they are in church.. (museum galleries often are similar in scale and invoke the same hushed sense of church.