So, let me get this straight.

I'm responding to someone else's humorous posts about a person known as potassium-argon, and you step forward and tell me:

I am too stupid to understand what you wrote about ice ages.
and

I should go for guidance to the jerks who pull my strings.

And then you have the gall to call me ire Ted or Ted ire or retied or dieter and then imply that I am mad. No, I ain't mad, themilum, but I am sure as hell angry.

Then to compound the injury, you say: too many posts here lately are governed by abject hate.

Perhaps you need to take a good long look at your posts in this thread and elsewhere and try to assess where the hate is.

It certainly did not come from me. All I did was string together a few puns (not even addressed to you) and you called me too stupid to understand what you had posted previously, implied that I might be a sock-puppet, and tried to tar me with some anagram that may be Ted ire (or something else, but not sure what.)

themilum, you can be very interesting, witty, and informative, but let me be the first to tell you that if you engage in a battle of wits with me you will not be fighting an unarmed person. I don't like the bitterness, acrimony, front and back stabbing, and downright meanness that this entire board has become in the last few months.

Plutarch has said that he desires to turn over a new leaf, which is something I think you need to consider as a course of action for yourself.

One last point, whether you initiate a thread here, contribute to it, nurture it, undermine it, or seek to co-opt it, the thread is not yours. This is an open forum for the exchange of information, education of ourselves and others, and, at times, a place to impart into other people our individual joy of life and to become part of a larger congregation of rational thinking FRIENDS! It is not a place for you to vent your spleen.

Please stop with the vituperation. I admit that I have in the past said some not nice things to you and I regret that. I'm going to try harder to be nice all the time, but that does not mean that I will curb my sense of humor for you or for any other person who frequents this board.

TEd Remington

TEd