>in our schools in the deep south we learned of the bravery of the Canadian soldiers and of their high ratio of representation to the mutual cause of freedom in WWII

them:

I will take that cum grano salis, having been educated in the south, though not THAT deep. US-Virginia history, which was required where I went to HS, did not mention Canada much at all, and certainly didn't laud the Canadians for their contributions to our freedom. Of course it didn't dis them, either.

>I wouldn't bother insulting our friends the Canadians if I did not admire them greatly and think them worth saving, would I?

I admire them and think they are worth saving, ergo I will insult them. Themilum, that's arrant bullcrap. What do you do to people you don't admire or don't think are worth saving? And what the heck makes you think that the Canadians NEED saving, anyway?

I'll tell you what I think, themilum. I think you just like the anonymity of the internet so you can get your jollies by going around insulting people without getting your head pounded in, not that such would be your fate in your town there in Mississippi or Alabama or hwerehever it is you hail from. Nope, you go and insult some of those good ol' boys down there to theirs face and they're pretty likely gonna kick your ass until your nose bleeds!

PLEASE! Think about the effects of what you say. Putting a smily face after an insult or coming back later when you've been confronted to say you were only kidding does not detract from the hurt you inflict on others, particularly when, as in this case, your criticism is groundless. [/rant]

TEd

TEd