Yup--I know of trestle tables--and even of trestle footbridges (sometimes called a Kings Post bridge)--and at least one avenue in the Bronx-- Kingsbridge Road-- named for its Kings(post) bridge-- the bridge used to be called the kings post bridge-- but now is commonly just known as the kingsbridge--kingsbridge road is the main access road to the bridge.
and this was very clearly different from the Post Road-- which was the old overland postal route from Boston to DC(and i guess points further south..but in the northeast, i know most of it survives..)

and i know of other trestles-- but over the firth of ???? scotland-- there is a cantelever bridge that is also a railway bridge-- but i know, i would call it, a trestle. And on Northern Blvd--a few miles east there is a huge trestle bridge -- a car bridge. (a deep eroded valley is spanned by a steel arch-- all constructed of triangular braces so i know what a trestle is...)

I have seen bridges of many forms, but if its a RR bridge-- i tend to label it a trestle*-- where i wouldn't just name every foot/car bridge a bridge--
So am i totaly out of order? and alone in this? Or so others find, trains transverse space on trestles, and other traffic crosses on bridges-- and bridges get modified into suspension ~s and draw~s, high ~, kings(post)~, iron ~?

*what is NY's 8th East river bridge? (most NY's can only name seven bridges--it's trivia game question).it is a steel arched bridge where the road bed is at the bottom of the arch-- and the answer is "Metro North's trestle" (MN is RR)

1)brooklyn, 2)manhattan, 3)williamsburg,4) 59th Street/Queensboro, 5) tri-boro, 6)whitestone, 7)throgs neck
all car bridges, and except for last 2, all have pedestrian walkways--whitesone used to have one.. but it is in the style of, and by the same engineering firm as former Tacoma Narrows. bridge...
and walkway area was used to re-enforce bridge structure since it too was a bit bouncy....