Forgive me, Aorto, if I am being presumptuous in interjecting this response:

"McDonaldism" and "Coca-Colanization" are really the same thing, but "Coca-Colanization" has a longer history in the vocabulary of cultural studies. Here is a good review:

Coca-Colanization (koh.kuh-KOH.luh.ny.zay.shun) n.

The spread of Western (especially American) culture throughout the world. Also: Coca-Cola-nization, cocacolanization.

Example Citation:

"Things have changed a lot over the years," said Jean-Philippe Mathy, a native Frenchman who teaches at the University of Illinois and authored "French Resistance: The French-American Culture Wars."

"The youth have been great consumers of American clothes and products, ever since the '70s," Mathy said. The ongoing opposition to "Coca-Colanization," as it has long been called, comes mostly from French cultural elites and "what's left of the radical left," he said.
—Scott Leith, "Coke makes an art of selling in France," Cox News Service, August 26, 2002

Earliest Citation:

What has been called the creeping Coca-Colanization of the world has been the major U.S. business story since World War II, with international activity now accounting for one-third of all U.S. corporate profits.
—Joanne Omang, "A New Form Of Protectionism," The Washington Post, July 23, 1978

http://www.wordspy.com/words/Coca-Colanization.asp

I understand Aorto's interest is in looking beneath the process to the impact which the process is having on the pysche of the peoples who are being transformed by it.

And I think Aorto is looking even deeper than that. She is looking at the impact the culletization of these cultures is having on our own culture.

Aorto is asking a very important question: Are we, as the dominant culture, not losing something ourselves by culletizing all of these other cultures? [It has, in fact, turned in upon itself as it is now culletizing our own culture. This is Aorto's point about 'Wal-Mart culture', which should be a contradiction in terms, but, revealingly, isn't a contradiction at all. But 'Walmart culture' is really the absence of a culture, not a distinct culture itself.]

What Aorto is getting at, I think, is something more profound, more insidious, than "McDonaldism" or "Coca Colanization".

It is the transformation of civiilization itself, universally. For the McDonald's and the Coca Colas and the Wal Marts of the world are only propelled by commerce. "McDonaldism" is not a malignant force in and of itself, of course. For that is what these ubiquitous, multi-national entities are: businesses.

What Aorto is getting at, ultimately, I think, is the transformation of civilization itself -- into what? Perhaps into a culletization, a cullletization of all cultures into something which possesses no culture. Where is the soul in that, themilum?

If I have it wrong, I'm sure Aorto will straighten me out soon enuf. :)

P.S. Why do I assume Aorto is a "her". I'm not sure. There is a sensitivity in Aorto's voice which I associate with a feminine perspective. It is a fact that women are usually the care-givers in our society. Most people give what they feel [like giving].