Not to be hyper-critical (or anything similar)

You're not.

I never said I was perfect [in my meter or my manners -- both can always be improved, and there is certainly no shortage of people around here to give me instruction in both -- hey, that's a joke, but it does seem something of a mystery to me that my conduct is the only conduct that would benefit from improvement].

It seems I am caught in Goethe's "push-pull" [brought to us yesterday by BY in "nolens volens"], musick.

I am as determined not to be "pushed" away unjustly, as I am "pulled" to meet the high expectations for improvement of the many good people I respect around here, including you.

Those who want me to succeed in this endeavour are more of an encouragement to me than those who want me to fail.

To leave after trying so hard to succeed would be as much of a failure as reverting to the vicious cycle which never succeeded for anyone before.

I will not leave, as a matter of principle, musick. And I will not participate in any further hostilities, as a matter of principle. If there is a winner in this, it isn't me. It's the Board.