peri (PEER-ee) noun
1. A fairy in Persian mythology.
2. A beautiful, graceful girl or woman.
[From Persian peri, variant of pari (fairy), from Avestan pairika (witch or female demon.]

Anu must be smiling on Of Troy's new limerick thread in "Wordplay and Fun".

4 of the 5 words he gave us this Week ["borrowed from other languages"] are colorful, punchy, memorable words, full of personality, which would liven up any limerick writer's rhyme [or tosh salad]:

"peri", "nark", "spookum" and "bosh", and let's toss in "tosh", which means the same as "bosh", for good measure.

Anyone could make a tosh salad out of that! In fact, I think I'll try. But you'll have to visit Of Troy's limerick thread to see it. [It's really getting lively over there. You'll have to see it to believe it! Seems we've got more limerick talent around here than anyone new! ]

And I should warn you in advance. There are as many ways to make a "Tosh Salad" as there are ways to make a "Vinaigrette" salad. If you have any doubts about that, you should visit Father Steve's "Vinaigrette" thread right here in "Q & A about Words". [I think he calls it "The Old Padre's Favorites" - TOP Favorites, for short.] P.S. Some people say "the Old Padre" has very esotericlesiastical tastes. :) [He has a good recipe for life as well as for salads, you will discover with amusement.]

AND we've got many other posters here to suit every imaginable taste.

You've already met Maverick, and there are more old-timers like tsuwm and Faldage and ASp and Jackie and Wordwind -- to mention only a few.

And newcomers like themilum [who's really not so new] and drallie [who is really, really new].

So make you own "tosh salad", or maybe make it a stew.
There is someone here, or something here, for every point of view.

Oh, yes. And Dr. Bill is here too. He's like our own AWADtalk angel. Don't believe it? Send a PM to wwh. You won't regret it. :)