Plutarck you have bragged about your ability to drive away posters

Dear Of Troy: If it were true that I have bragged about my ability to drive posters away, which I haven't, you and many others are proof positive that I would have no reason to brag.

But I don't want to drive you away, Of Troy, or anyone else either.

I just don't want you or anyone else to drive me away.

So, I'll tell you what. Let's make a pact. I won't try to drive you or anyone else away. And in return you won't try to drive me away. I don't know how I can be more fair and reasonable than that.

2005 is coming. Why don't we all just try to get along? And in that spirit, may I recommend this article about "toasting" the New Year.

Here’s to Hoisting
When toasting, don’t forget to ‘clink’

Extract:

TOASTING — WHETHER a perfunctory "Salute! or a more witty attempt at capturing the attention of a lively dinner crowd — is de rigueur during the holidays. The dictionary definition of toasting is "to drink to the health or honor of" someone or something, but these days it seems to lend itself to any expression of welcome and well-being.

The word toasting, according to most sources, comes from the late-17th-century custom of putting a piece of spiced and toasted bread in a drink, perhaps to improve the flavor. (These days, the toast in our wine comes from very expensive oak barrels, but that's another story.)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacificnw/2004/1226/taste.html