So this is the thread that has been making me dread catching up in Misc. for so long that I had 189 new posts in this category. I finally decided to do it now, in the last hour and a half of the year (since the rest of my family is either away or down for the count) so that it wouldn't be looming over my awareness like some black cloud of doom when the new year starts.

You know, it's really a shame, to think of coming here with dread; for just ages and ages, I couldn't wait to come here and see what new great stuff had been posted. But I am so tired of hearing "they're so evil" and "he's so evil" (more or less); and I am even more tired of seeing it posted; and I am even MORE tired of learning that it has caused person after person to leave. But really, what's the point of staying, when so much of what's posted is gibes and bitterness? Both sides say, "I'd quit if the other side would"...but so far nobody has. And if nobody is willing to be first, well then...

Oddly enough, I feel worst for the newcomers who are adding to what's good here; that they haven't had and may not have the chance to see what a great place this can be. I know that several of the people who made it so much fun for me at first are gone for good. But enough of us are left, or could be (I hope) enticed back, to make it still be good...except as I said, for the gibes and bitterness. But if all of us old-timers go, maybe the newer folks can create their own atmosphere in a way that is good for them. I hope so.