Yes, yes, yes! (to Faldage and his discourse on the rules..)
Who own English? The hoi polloi in the universities– the writers of grammar books? The high and mighty of the OED?

Or we, the humble speakers– with all our faults? The answer is clear to me.

I own English! And like Shakespeare, I reserve the right to make up words– if there is no word for an idea of mine, well there should be.. Who out there is less than Shakespeare? Was he not a man? Would he be as revered if he has just stuck to the common words, and common phrases, and had not enriched English as he has done?

You own English– Please be my guest and do your best to make your thoughts known, and if there is no word -yet-for what you are thinking– then think up a new one!

Its not that I don't value all the existing words, but I don't see today's lexis as- it- something carved in stone – and to be fair, the high and mighty of the OED agree with me, or why else a new edition? If all the words that to are to be-were then we wouldn't need to be asked and we have been, by the OED, to follow on Dr. Major's footsteps, and provide material for the new OED.

and if i can make up words, why can't i make the rules up too?
Yes- it chaos-- glorious chaos.. moving into math and bordering on philosophy-- chaos is the best place to be. it's were change is still happening-- where things are more like living creatures..

languages die when the rules are more important than the speakers..