I .. did not like the way he tried to verb a fine noun

I regret that I have to preface this remark by assuring you that my question is sincere but, is the pot calling the kettle black when you denounce "demagog this" for "verbing a noun"?

Or perhaps "verb" can be "verbed", I really don't know.

BTW I have to confess that I rather fancy "demagog this". I was too timid to express my honest opinion at the outset, but I see now that I can do myself no additional harm by being honest. That is the one advantage of being everyone's pet pariah around here.

If you are damned when you agree, can you be doubly damned when you disagree? [For that matter, when you are damned for being agreeable, can you be doubly damned for being disagreeable?]

Other polysyllabic words have become more familiar in their abbreviated form than in their correct form, notably, "high tech" for "high technology".

If the elected official had said something like "This issue is too important to become embroiled in demagoguery", no-one reading his remarks would have understood what he meant. What is more, no-one would have read his remarks at all because he never would have been quoted.

I believe the elected official had something very important to say and I admire his savvy in finding a way to say it which would capture the attention of the press.

High principles are better expressed in the press than in a vaccuum of oratorical correctness.