>I guess I'm probably the "most" computer literate person currently active on the board<

are you modest too? Many on this board seem to be quite computer literate...(look at all the help that was offered to Rhu-- and just running comments make it obvious to me, many here know a good deal.
I had my first home computer back in 1982-- before DOS-(well actually there was QDOS- the quick and dirty OS, that was in US public domain software, that is the basis for MS DOS. )
I learned assembly language for the 8086-- by signal tracing on a 1meter square chip "Map" put out by Sams, a big name in electronic publishing. (the map showed the JK/flip flops, and gates, nor, gates-- and you could "signal trace" a High through the chip-- and compute the output..
at the time i was a high school drop out-- staying home with kids, and did this to keep from getting bored. I have electic knowledge-- Most of my work is as a trainer-- and I do well since i can speak to the geeks, understand them, and the "translate" to the luddites. I know binary, octal and Hex-- and can even do simple problems (say adding a list of 10 binary numbers) on paper-- with out first translating to decimal.. or multiplication-- again on paper. for division i need at least one number in decimal formate-- and lest yout think that is insane, the ancient Egyptians used "binary" for division.

that said-- I have also had a problem this week, and at 9:30 EST, still do not have my WOTD-- I didn't it till noon on monday. Network traffic can cause unexpected delays.. and IP traffic can interfer. high bandwidth messages (MP3 file, ie, get priority routing..)

For fun, find out if your email service offer a trace function and send out an email with a trace attached.