I'm fixing sauerbraten

Traditional Rhenish Sauerbraten is made with horse. I have always been sorry that I didn't try it at the one restaurant in Bonn which still served it On Tuesdays if I remember correctly.

You cook them live ravvies doncha? 10 to 15 minutes and they should rise to the surface. I'd second Anna's suggestion of spaetzli. If you make too many Kartoffelklösse you can slice the remainder the next day and fry them in butter. Yum! I'll try to dig out my pre-war bride's gift cookbook auf Deutsch and translate the recipe for Kartoffelklösse for you. (I found it at a book recycling bin once, and have always had great fun with it, though it's being written in Fraktur slows one's reading down.) Anywho, I looked up Quatsch once to see how to make some dishes with this interesting dairy product. It started with how to make Quatsch. Hot damn!

Have you ever seen a German peeling a potato after it's been cooked? Stab it with a fork. Hit it moderately with a butter knife. Peel away the skin in a few quick peels.

Good luck with the dinner.