in any field, language, knitting, or auto mechanics, there are special terms, and 'languge' to explain the workings.

I know the 4 bacis parts of a cycle (in a gas combustion engine) Intake, compression, exploition, exhaust--(are these the correct term? maybe--or maybe just close enough.)

but if my career was based on improving engine performence, i would need to know these terms, and others, and understand them. i would use the specialize language of engineers. this language would actually help me convey ideas that others could understand.

Maybe we could make more headway in grammar school without all the intimidating names for parts of speech and the like and all the intimidating, not to mention confusing, rules?

Yes, most of use learn to speak reasonably good english by doing nothing more than listening to others speak.

but there are irregular verbs to be learned, and general rules..(word order rules) spelling rules, and so on. and not every child is blessed and born into a household with adult that speak proper english. and the children that grows up hearing errors, and having its basic errors uncorrected are at a disadvantage.

have you spend time around a 3 or 4 year old? they will tell you 'she goed'. they know the verb go. and they have figured out the rule adding ED to a verb makes it the past tense. But they don't yet know the rules for irregular verbs. so 'they goed' is their 'natural english'

i was so startled when as a teen, i was asked to 'congigate' the verb to be. i really had to think about it. i always used the verb correctly, but i hadn't realized (duh!) that
i am
you/ are
he/she/it is

we are
they are
i have been
you have been
i was, she was, he was
we are being
they were
etc..
were all the ROOT same verb. i never put it together.

learning these rules and details helps us(well me!) understand our language better.

it might be the dyslexics of the world need the rules more than others. certainly i spell better when words follow the rules (i before e, except after c..or when sounded as A as in neighboor and weight.) but i it took me years to remember how to spell friend- (no c, no A sound in the middle.. was it friend or freind? ) eventually i learned to remember not to fry the end of my friends but to always fri ends.

i have a 1000 or so of those silly nmemotics in my head. so i can mostly spell the 4000 or so commonest words i use.

perhaps, because language (written language)made sense to you right off the bat, you underappreciate the structure.

maybe understanding structure isn't important to you (or comes naturally to you!) and your experience, while it might be widely shared, is not the only way people experience language.