Interesting. And fitting for the times in that many people (too many) use their kitchens for serving pre-prepared foods. I know many a teacher at my school who confesses to avoiding cooking always...and I do mean always. They say they only buy prepackaged foods and go out to dinner a lot. They take cartons of food home so that they'll have enough to serve for meals quickly heated in their microwaves. They confess never to using their stoves and ovens.

Somehow the term 'foodware' sounds right on the money to describe this growing lifestyle: heatin' it and storin' it. I realize the term, from what's been discussed above, means more than this, but I'm just saying that I think the term is particularly fitting for the lifestyles I hear about.

Can't say I like thinking about a kitchen filled with refrigerated pre-pared ready-to-eat food in foodware to be microwaved as a place that evokes a sense of home sweet home, but that appears to be the case in many lives I hear about. "Edwards makes the best homemade pies." That's what I hear.