Thank you, Jackie, I was going to ask the same question.(Forgive my ignorance, but why in the world would we want to make a post that doesn't have anything in it?

I find it hard enought to keep track in flat mode-- One of the tricks i learned in dealing with dsylexia, was keeping track of where i was on a page.. So much so, that i don't use bookmarks.. I have learned to remember which word, in which sentence, in which paragraph, on which page... I read methodicaly like this.. Right page or left, first, second, third paragraph, etc.... In my own writing, i love the "start each page with a new paragragh" feature, since i prefer not to turn pages mid paragraph..

reading the threads can be hard--but most every one includes a quote-- or something. referring back to the post to which they are replying...So sometimes i have to go back and forth-- and sometimes, its like being in a crowded room, after a show or lecture.. where everyone started talking about the same thing.. but as time goes by, the subjects digress.. There is cross talk..and unlike a crowded room, we are all privy to all the threads, and can break into any conversation at any time...

I am a bit slow in getting some of the "jokes"--i have to go back, and trace the thread-- and even then, you need to hid me on the head with it.. a case of he (she) who laughs last is the slowest (on the uptake!)

I suppose i could learn to read threaded mode-- and i might even like it.. but flat mode seems more natural.