I am not sure that there is anything to be done about the volume of posts on the board. The more people join, the more posts we will get in a day. I know there are some people who have the opportunity of logging on during the day, so too many posts to you or me, might not be too many for someone else.

If you find that you are overloaded, maybe you should stick to one or two forums, like Q&A and Wordplay. This time of the year is REALLY busy for me so I generally skip Info&announcements and catch up to it on weekends.

I do not feel right about censoring anybody. We enjoy a pretty open forum, turning a subject that can be dry and pedantic into something enjoyable. Plus, I think the board is set up to be like a conversation and as such it can veer in many different directions. It is what makes this Board vibrant and interesting.

If we designate a forum, say Q&A as a "straight to the point / no fooling around" forum, this will only be apparent to the existing members. Any new member will not be aware of this decision.

You are right, in their enthusiasm, new members tend to do things that make the threads longer. Like feel the need to post in EVERY thread, under EACH sub-topic submitted since its inception, or reprint the post they are answering in its entirety, or bring up dead threads. It does make the read longer, but everybody settles down after a while. Everybody is faced with the same quantity of posts to read so the new members learn the ropes rather quickly. I think we should have a little patience with these people…we were new too.