...and it reduces the gene pool to a little puddle.

Me too, Musick, I wondered about the inbreeding that would occur within a social structure that allows multi- marriages of male and female siblings, but after giving it a bit of thought I decided that Cavalli- Sforza’s account of events suffered during translation and what the book said wasn’t exactly what was going on in Tibet.
And perhaps, I might add, the Italian language without gestures isn’t the best vehicle for writing clear science...have you read any breezy Umberto Eco lately?

(That’s a joke, and today, Musick, we must say “that’s a joke” when we imply that one language is different from others because today, sadly, it is not socially correct to critically distinguish one particular language from another. What a shame.)

And in the case of Umberto Eco, it definitely is not the Italian language that obfuscates .
At one time, at some place, someone wrote a rule that requires all linguists and semanticists to be obscure.

And they mostly are. Except for jheem and wsieber, both of whom have strong feelings about the term “race”.

( I do too, guys, and I will answer your posts when I return home God willing and the Creeks don’t rise later on tonight.*)

* Here in Alabama we can't ever be sure about them pesky, uppity, Creek indians.