Yes, bel', I had thought to try to get in touch with an animal rescue team, but from what I read on the Internet, usually the best course is to return the rabbits to where their nests might be and the mother rabbit would most likely find them when she returned for the night feeding. Since this rabbit appeared to be healthy (other than its near-drowning episode), I returned it:

I took a couple of blurred shots of the little rabbit, and put him in the shrubbery by the pool, believe it or not, because I saw another one of the kits hop out from there yesterday evening. I figured the nest must be close by with two kits in the same area. Since wild rabbits apparently wean their young so early, perhaps these kits were ready to go out on their own. The little one I had would fit in my hand, but it was very fast in finding hiding places in my bedroom. This morning I checked around the pool and saw no sign of rabbits, so I do hope they are as safe as young rabbits in the wild can be.

I also liked reading yesterday that wild rabbits are crepuscular. You don't get to use that word often.