resurrect his childish perversion?

MELT: There seems to be some misunderstanding here. "Confessions of an Heirhead" is a parody. I made this very clear in my very first post on this thread:

I would like to claim the distinction of being the first person, at least on AWADtalk, to parody "Paris Hilton: Confessions of an Heiress".

Obviously, I would be the first to agree with you that the public fascination with Paris Hilton is "childish", perhaps worse than childish, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "perversion". It obviously fills some kind of void in the lives of the millions of people who are buying "Confessions of an Heiress" and all the rest of the haute faux haughty hottie heiress crap she is peddling.

If you will read my parody, MELT, I think you will see that I am as bewildered as you are by the public fascination with Paris Hilton.

I was perhaps overly successful in drawing out my satire as some people seem to have taken my parody as a paean to Paris, when in fact it is anything but.

The truth is, MELT, the public made Paris what she is. Her public is the true target of my parody.

You have to admit this girl has brass. And there is a big market out there for brass, MELT, whether you and I approve of it, or not.

As the Brits say: "Where there is muck, there is brass." [Please see earlier post.]

Maybe it's a good thing people didn't know "Confessions of an Heirhead" was a parody. If people thought I was dissing Paris, they might have ignored my thread altogether. Instead, this thread has had over 2,500 views [over 2,300 if you deduct my own].

You're right, MELT. Life can be strange. In fact, it can be downright weird. In the Howard Stern movie, there is a vignette [apparently true] where Howard's program director discovers that the people who complain about Howard's muck [not my cup of tea, I can assure you] spend more time listening to that muck than Howard's fans.

Go figure, MELT.

Howard Stern wins Rave Award - AP, Feb. 27/05

http://snipurl.com/d33v